Job: the ILL is looking for an Industrial Liaison Officer
Work within the new SINE2020 project. The deadline for applications is October 10.
THIS POSITION IS NOW CLOSED.
One of the aims of the European project SINE2020 is to attract industrial users to neutron-based facilities in order to promote the use of neutrons by industry and prepare for the emergence of the future European Spallation Source (ESS). As coordinating neutron facility for the project, the Institut Laue-Langevin (ILL) is currently seeking to recruit an Industrial Liaison Officer / Engineer (m/f).
Within the Industrial Liaison Unit (ILU) of the ILL and in close cooperation with other European neutron facilities, your mission will be to raise awareness among industrial R&D specialists about neutron scattering techniques by carrying out feasibility studies as well as through communication and outreach activities. In this context, you will:
- Define, prepare and carry out industry-led feasibility studies using ILL instruments and participate in studies undertaken at other facilities (SINE2020 offers up to 90 days of free beam time per year across 8 facilities)
- Build a bridge between the ILL, the other SINE2020 neutron facilities and European industrial companies by analysing the R&D needs of industry and matching them to neutron techniques capable of providing solutions
- Assist with the organisation of industry-led calls for proposals for feasibility studies
- Participate in events (workshops, industry-relevant conferences, etc.) in order to raise awareness about the characterisation capabilities available at neutron facilities
- Organise (in collaboration with academic partners) training courses on neutron techniques and data analysis for engineers.
Qualifications and experience:
You hold a PhD in physics or materials science (or equivalent qualification) and have several years of experience in neutron techniques, if possible in strain scanning, reflectometry, small-angle scattering or neutron imaging.
You have excellent communication skills and are highly interested in applied research with industry.
You have a strong project management culture that will enable you to plan and manage the ILL’s involvement in the SINE2020 programme effectively.
As an international research centre, we are particularly keen to ensure that we also attract applicants from outside France. You must have a sound knowledge of English and be willing to learn French (a language course will be paid for by the ILL). Knowledge of German would be an advantage.
- Fixed-term contract of 36 months
Further information can be obtained by contacting the head of the Industrial Liaison Unit: Jérôme BEAUCOUR (please do not send your application to this address).
Generous company benefits (expatriation allowance), relocation assistance and language courses may be offered for you and your spouse (for more information, please consult our employment conditions).
How to apply:
Please submit your application on line, no later than 10/10/2015, via the website http://www.ill.eu/en/careers (vacancy reference: 15/12).