NOW AVAILABLE: FREE advanced characterization of your material or component
at NEUTRON Research Facilities: apply here by June 30th 2016!
Probing matter with neutrons is non-destructive.
SINE2020 Industry, 17/03/2016
Not sure what neutrons are capable of? Neutrons can locate hydrogen easily while penetrating through several centimetres of metal. To learn more about what neutrons are capable of please visit this page or simply contact us!
Neutron techniques have already been successfully applied to the following industries:
- Chemical engineering (soft functional materials such as surfactants, polymers, foams, fibres, textiles, etc.)
- Microelectronics – from ingots or wafers to on-board devices, nano-materials, quantum computing and advanced data storage.
- Engineering Materials (a vast array including bulk construction materials, magnetic materials, industrial metallurgy, glasses, etc.)
- Environment and Energy (hydrogen fuel cells, CO2 sequestration, lithium batteries, biomass processing, etc.)
- Life Sciences, with many examples in biotechnology and the agro food industry
The SINE2020 initiative offers the opportunity to use Europe’s leading neutron facilities for your company’s R&D needs. Applications can now be made for free feasibility studies, encompassing the following services:
- Preliminary consultations via SINE2020 Liaison Officers with scientific experts in your field.
- Support in defining, preparing and performing experiments at the research facilities.
- Assistance with data analysis and result interpretation.
Even though the deadline is June 30th, applications are already being accepted and will be reviewed continuously. The decision on the feasibility and the appropriate facility to conduct measurements will be announced no later than one month after receiving your request. Do not hesitate to contact us for further information!
To apply for free test measurements please download the form by clicking here.