Call for proposals - Organization of Neutron and Muon Specialised or Advanced Schools
Education and Training within the SINE2020 networking activities has the mission of enhancing the preparation for new generations of future users of European neutron and muon facilities.
The second call for the second half of the SINE2020 project is launched now, and refers to the period of
1 January 2018 – 30 September 2019, and is dedicated to the organization of Introductory or Advanced Schools.
During this period a maximum of two events can be proposed by the same Proposer.
The Introductory Schools are based on the existing network of neutron schools organized on a regular basis throughout Europe, but new proposals are specifically encouraged.
The proposals will be evaluated by a committee of experts (Selection Panel). The coordination committee will encourage the use of the e-learning platform and the involvement of local Universities. There is, however, a set of general rules that have to be respected by all the organizers of these events. These are outlined below.
- Grant Agreement number: 654000 — SINE2020 — H2020-INFRADEV-2014-2015/H2020-INFRADEV-1-2014-1
- Duration of the SINE2020 project: 48 months, starting from 1 October 2015.
This call covers the period of 1 January 2018 – 30 September 2019.
- Selection of the supported schools: an independent Selection Panel of 10 members composed of scientists with experience in training will provide a priority list of the proposed events, and the final approval for financial support will be made based on this list.
- Beneficiaries: Research Centres and Universities from EU and eligible associated countries.
- Eligibility: travel and subsistence of non-national scientists, students (graduate, PhD students affiliated to an Institute from the EU or EU associated country) will be supported. Support for travel and subsistence of lecturers will have to be justified.
- Deadline for submission: 1 November 2017. (Deadline for the evaluation of the proposals: 1 December 2017, Notification of the Proposers: 10 December 2017).
- Date and number of events: maximum two schools can be proposed from the same organisation, organized between: 1 January 2018 – 30 September 2019
- Internationality: only international schools (fully or partly English language) will be supported.
- Hands-on training: schools providing hands-on training are encouraged.
- New schools: starting a new neutron/muon school, making involved potential users of new communities is also encouraged.
- E-learning: Proposers accepting funding from SINE2020 need to make available their teaching material for the SINE2020 e-learning portal.
- Maximum support: maximum 50% of the total budget of the school, but not more than 10,000 EUR/school will be supported. An average amount of 200EUR/student is foreseen. The available budget to be distributed between introductory schools is 52,500 EUR/year and 45,000 EUR/year for Advanced schools.
- Students: school directors will be responsible for selecting the supported students (travel and/or subsistence).
- School report: a school report within 6 months from the end of the action, but not later than 31 October 2017 and 30 September 2018 respectively, must be sent to the Contact Person. Bank transfer of the support will be made upon acceptance of the report.
- Submission: is made through email according to the annexed Application Form.
Contact Person and Project Leader
Dr Alain Menelle
LLB, CEA-SACLAY, F-91191 Gif sur Yvette France