Schools to receive SINE2020 support announced
Eight neutron and muon introductory schools will be financially supported by SINE2020.
Adél Len, 22/03/2016
As part of its Education and Training activities, SINE2020 will financially support eight introductory schools along 2016 and 2017. This decision comes after the call for proposals for funding of neutron and muon introductory schools launched in end of 2015. The schools selected will take place across a number of European countries, on an annual or bi-annual basis.
Are you an early career scientist looking to learn about neutron scattering and/or muon spectroscopy? This might be for you! Funding will be used to cover travel and subsistence of non-national young scientists, students (graduate, PhD students affiliated to an Institute from the EU or EU associated country) to the school.
The schools that will receive funding are the following (in alphabetical order):
- Berlin School on Neutron Scattering, Germany (2016, 2017) – website
- CETS, Central European Training School, Hungary (2016, 2017) – website
- Giornate Didattiche, Italy (2016, 2017) – website
- HERCULES, France (2016, 2017) – website
- ISIS Muon Spectroscopy Training School, UK (2016) – website
- JCNS Laboratory Course on Neutron Scattering, Germany (2016, 2017) – website
- PSI Summer School, Switzerland (2017) – website
- Oxford School on Neutron Scattering, UK (2017) – website
Education and Training within the SINE2020 networking activities has the mission of enhancing the preparation of new generations of users of European neutron and muon facilities. Future calls will be posted on our website.
Congratulations to the schools selected!